The calculators below are available to assist you with financial and retirement planning.
Asset Allocation Tool: Which investments are right for you?
The Asset Allocation Tool can assist you with selecting the appropriate investment options and takes less than 15 minutes to complete. Within the tool, you will take an Investment Profiler questionnaire and your answers to this questionnaire will help determine your investment time horizon and comfort with investment risk, and in turn, help you select the investment options that are right for you.
The Asset Allocation Tool can be accessed by signing into your account at mysunlife.ca/ubcfpp and under the Resource Centre, select my money tools > Asset Allocation.
How do I view my current investment funds and asset mix?
You can view your current investment funds and asset mix by logging into mysunlife.ca/ubcfpp. Under Accounts, select Balances to see your investment funds and Investment mix –charts to view your asset mix.
Retirement Income Estimator: What will my retirement income be?
The Retirement Income Estimator tool provides illustrations and retirement forecasts based on your account information and customized information you provide. It is a good way to see if you are on track to meet your retirement goals. In the Retirement Income Estimator, you will be able to view:
- Projected balances as at your expected retirement date;
- Estimates of payment details, based on the different types of retirement options; and
- A retirement forecast – which gives you a sense of whether you will have enough money set aside for retirement. This forecast considers your UBC FPP savings, government and other pensions and savings you may have.
The Retirement Income Estimator can be accessed by signing into your account at mysunlife.ca/ubcfpp and under the Resource Centre or Quick Links, select my money tools > Retirement Income Estimator. Also, the How to use the Retirement Income Estimator PDF provides detailed information on how to access and use the tool.
If you are not a Plan member yet, you can use the generic Retirement Income Estimator. Members on the Income Replacement Plan are asked to contact the Pension Administration Office for a customized calculation, instead of using the retirement income estimator.
Use the Contributions Estimator calculator to estimate:
- Your required contributions to the FPP
- If and how much room you have available to make voluntary contributions
- Employer contributions to your UBC Supplemental Arrangement (if you qualify)
All figures produced using the calculators are for illustrative purposes only. If you have any questions about these estimates, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The following external calculators are linked here for your convenience:
- How much Canadian Federal and Provincial Income Tax will I pay?
- How much retirement income including Canadian government pensions will I have?
The Trustees and Staff of the UBC Faculty Pension Plan accept no responsibility for the accuracy of these external calculators.