The Member Services team at the UBC Pension Administration Office is available to assist you with any questions you may have regarding the UBC Faculty Pension Plan and your retirement benefits and options. We can be reached via our Online Contact / Feedback Form page, or by the telephone and fax numbers listed below.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (excluding statutory holidays). Please note our physical office is closed on Fridays, but we are available by phone and email.
|Reception & General Inquiries||604-822-8100
|Lily Lee||Investment Options
Rates of Return
Transfer-ins from Registered Plans
|Lorraine Heseltine||Death Benefits
|Louise Mah||Eligibility for Enrolment
If you have any questions about topics not listed above, please contact our reception desk at 604-822-8100 and we will be pleased to assist you or connect you with a staff member on our team.
Sun Life Client Care
Manage Your Account Online
Please call the number listed for the country/area that you reside in. All numbers are toll-free and are available any business day from 5:00 am to 5:00 pm PT.
Canada & United States
- Option 2 for UBC Faculty Pension Plan Accounts
- Option 3 for RRIF/LIF-Type Payment Accounts
- Option 4 for Variable Payment Life Annuity Accounts
For all other countries
Please use Sun Life’s Universal Toll-Free Number (UTFN) at 800-9876-5470
You’ll need to add the international access code for the country you’re calling from before dialing the UTFN. For example, if you’re calling
- Call Sun Life collect at 1-514-866-2562 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday.
- Sign in to mySunLife.ca and use the Chat live now function between the same hours.
Sun Life Services
Sun Life is available to help you with:
- Account balances, Personal Rates of Return, and statements
- Address changes for deferred and retired members only (active members can make address changes through Workday)
- Assistance registering or navigating mysunlife.ca/ubcfpp, as well as password resets
- Beneficiary changes
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate instructions
- Investment changes
- Lump sum withdrawals
- RRIF/LIF-Type Accounts
- Tax slips
- Transfers-out to external registered plans